Tour 7: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park and Augrabies Falls National Park 5 Days Tour
5 DAYS AND 4 NIGHTS
Safari – Day 1
Upington – Augrabies Falls (130km)
Depart 8H30 from your hotel in Upington. At Augrabies we move into our lodges and take a walk to this 6 th highest falls in the world. After a rest we depart on a game drive to visit the various viewpoints, where we get out of the car and do several short hikes. Sightings of giraffe, baboon, monkey, klipspringers and dassies are common. Optional sunset drive with Rangers in open truck and/or half day White Water Orange River Rafting.
Overnight: Augrabies Falls National Park chalets/lodges (air-conditioned and swimming pool)
Meals: L + D
Safari – Day 2
Augrabies – Twee Rivieren (390km)
Wake before sunrise to walk the Dassie Nature Trail through a beautiful part of the Park (5 km – 3 hours) After your hike we pack and depart for the Kalahari. Along the way we stop at a Salt Pan and visit the Khomani Bushmen. Afternoon arrival at Twee Rivieren. Afternoon game drive in the Twee Rivieren area.
Overnight: Twee Rivieren chalets/lodges.
Meals: B + L + D
Safari – Day 3
Twee Rivieren – Mata Mata (190km)
After breakfast we depart for Twee Rivieren and after a short stop we start our game drive (speed limit 50km/h) in this 38 000 square km park towards Mata Mata. Approximate predator numbers: Lions – 450, Leopards – 150, Cheetah – 200, Spotted hyenas – 370. Bird species are 264, of which 20 raptor species are present. Antelopes such as Gemsbok, Hartebeest, Springbok and Wildebeest are well represented. Optional 3 hour Sunset- or Night game drive with rangers in an open truck or morning bush walk.
Overnight: Mata Mata chalets/lodges. (ceiling fan and swimming pool)
Meals: B + L + D
Safari – Day 4
Game drive to Nossob (150km) on the Botswana side of Kgalagadi.
Afternoon arrival at Nossob. Optional night drive or you can sit at the waterhole to see which animals came to drink.
Overnight: Nossob chalets/lodges
Meals: B + L + D
Safari – Day 5
Nossob– Twee Rivieren – Upington (405km)
Wake up one hour before gates open, pack up and depart direction South. Today we search for the Meerkat and Giraffe, and we might meet the Cats. After 4 – 5 hours of stalk driving we reach Twee Rivieren (12h00) Depart for Upington. Late afternoon arrival at your guesthouse. Tour ends.
- Air conditioned transport and THETA accredited driver / guide (Northern Cape Province and Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park)
- Accommodation in chalets/lodges
- Maximum game drives everyday
- Private facilities including bathroom & bedroom
- Meals as per itinerary:
B = Breakfast – cereals, coffee and tea, fruit juice, eggs, rusks and fruit(apples, oranges, bananas and pears)
L = Light Lunch
D = Dinner – Braai broodjies(sandwich on fire with cheese, tomato and onions) salad, corn, rice, potatoes, vegetables, chicken, sausage and other meats are available
- Conservation fee of R300 per person per day payable Kgalagadi cash or credit card
- Bottled water / soft – and alcoholic drinks / snaks in between meals (shops available at every camp)
- Binoculars, sun block, hat,closed shoes for the evenings, insect repellent, torch and toiletries.
- IMPORTANT: Animals are active early morning and late afternoon when temperatures are lower.
- Please keep luggage to a minimum (towels, linen and cutlery are supplied)
- january 0600-1930 july 0730-1800
- february 0600-1930 august 0700-1830
- march 0630-1900 september 0630-1830
- april 0700-1830 october 0600-1900
- may 0700-1800 november 0530-1930
- june 0730-1800 december 0530-1930
WE NEED TO KNOW:
- 1. Your dietary requirements
- 2. Where to pick you up on day of departure at 08:30
- 3. Any special interest we should know about?
ALTERATIONS TOURS: Accommodation may vary due to weather conditions and availability.