Tour 3: Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park 3 Days Tour
3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS KALAHARI SAFARI
Safari – Day 1
Upington – Kgalagadi -Twee Rivieren (260 km)
We leave Upington at 8H30 from your guesthouse to drive to the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. Stop en route at the Norokei Salt Pans (natural salt mine) and the Khomani San Bushmen to view their art. Arrival at Twee Rivieren (12H30) Move into our lodge for a short rest. We depart on a game drive (speed limit 50km/h) in this 38 000 square km park until the gates close. Approximate predator numbers: Lions – 450, Leopards – 150, Cheetah – 200, Spotted hyenas – 370. Bird species are 264, of which 20 raptor species are present. Antelope such as Gemsbok, Hartebeest, Springbok and Wildebeest are well represented. Optional 3 hour sunset- or Night game drive with rangers in an open truck or morning bush walk.
Overnight: Twee Rivieren chalets/lodges (air-conditioned and swimming pool)
Meals: B + L + D
Safari – Day 2
Twee Rivieren – Mata-Mata (130km) or Nossob (160km)
Wake up one hour before gates open. Pack up and game drive towards Mata Mata, using the dry Auob Riverbed. Today we search for the famous Kalahari Lion, as well as the smaller inhabitants of the desert, like the Meerkat. Afternoon arrival at Mata Mata. Check in and short rest before we depart on another game drive to explore this area. Special feature Mata Mata: Game hide with spotlight, sunset drive with Rangers after gates closed.
Overnight: Mata Mata: chalets/lodges (ceiling fan and swimming pool)
Meals: B + D + L
Safari – Day 3
Mata Mata – Twee Rivieren-Upington (390km)
Wake up an hour before gates open. Pack up and depart direction South. Today we learn more of the Kalahari and her secrets. After 4-5 hours of stalk driving we reach Twee Rivieren (12h00) Depart for Upington. Late afternoon arrival at your guesthouse. Tour ends.
- Air conditioned transport and THETA accredited driver / guide (Northern Cape Province and Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park)
- Accommodation in chalets/lodges
- Maximum game drives everyday
- Private facilities including bathroom & bedroom
- Meals as per itinerary:
B = Breakfast – cereals, coffee and tea, fruit juice, eggs, rusks and fruit(apples, oranges, bananas and pears)
L = Light Lunch
D = Dinner – Braai broodjies(sandwich on fire with cheese, tomato and onions) salad, corn, rice, potatoes, vegetables, chicken, sausage and other meats are available
- Conservation fee of R300 per person per day payable Kgalagadi cash or credit card
- Bottled water / soft – and alcoholic drinks / snaks in between meals (shops available at every camp)
- Binoculars, sun block, hat,closed shoes for the evenings, insect repellent, torch and toiletries.
- IMPORTANT: Animals are active early morning and late afternoon when temperatures are lower.
- Please keep luggage to a minimum (towels, linen and cutlery are supplied)
- january 0600-1930 july 0730-1800
- february 0600-1930 august 0700-1830
- march 0630-1900 september 0630-1830
- april 0700-1830 october 0600-1900
- may 0700-1800 november 0530-1930
- june 0730-1800 december 0530-1930
WE NEED TO KNOW:
- 1. Your dietary requirements
- 2. Where to pick you up on day of departure at 08:30
- 3. Any special interest we should know about?
ALTERATIONS TOURS: Accommodation may vary due to weather conditions and availability.